In our Advanced Level 1 kayaking course you will develop routine in paddling class II white water. At the end of the course you will be able to go kayaking class II sections with your friends even without 'better kayakers'. The technique you learn here is still valid in hard white water.
- Revision of the basics as learned in the Basic Course
- Theory: currents in the river
- On the river: recognise and use of the different currents
- Control of the kayak: weight shifting and rotation of the upper body
- Catching eddies: forward stroke and pull stroke
- Control of the kayak: edging and pressure on the paddle blade
- Scouting: judging potential dangers and choosing of lines
- Introduction to the use of the throw bag
- Eskimo roll on the lake
To join the Advances 1 course, you should
- have some experience in kayaking.
- be able to swim.
- be generally fit and healthy.
- be at least 12 years old (we offer special Kid's Courses).
- Practise the basic techniques.
- Safely and independently paddle class II white water.
||Course fee per person
|1 day||€ 75||€ 30|
|2 days||€ 140||€ 60|
|3 days||€ 200||€ 70|
|4 days||€ 250||€ 80|
|5 days||€ 300||€ 90|
|Course duration||Course fee (per group)
|2h||€ 130||€ 15|
|4h||€ 250||€ 30|