Basic courseLearn the real technique!Basic CourseKick-start into white water!
In the Basic Course you will learn all the kayaking basics to independently run easy white water. We'll show you what to take care of on the river and how to use the gear correctly. The technique you learn in this course will be the basis for your kayaking career!
We offer our beginner courses in Tyrol, Corsica and Slovenia. Depending on the course location and course duration, the course contents and course of events vary.
- Revision of the basics as learned in the Basic Course
- Short theoretical unit: the gear, currents in the river, how to eddy in and out
- Control of the kayak: weight shifting and rotation of the upper body
- Catching eddies: forward stroke and pull stroke
- Control of the kayak: edging and pressure on the paddle blade
To join the Beginners Training, you should
- have some experience in kayaking, e.g. after joining our Basic course.
- be able to swim.
- be generally fit and healthy.
- be at least 12 years old (we offer special Kid's Courses).
- Practise the basic techniques.