Saisonstart auf KorsikaStarte mit uns im Kajakparadies in die Saison!NorwayUnlimited kayaking!Norway tour 2020Full-on kayaking!
On this trip you will get to know the top kayaking destinations in Norway!
Norway is famous for its high volume rivers and its waterfalls. While it's true that you can enjoy big volume runs with 500qm/s and steep creeking with high waterfalls - it's not the whole story. Norway has a large number of bedrock rivers which means that the character is different to that of the average Alpine river. Long slides are typical, and the absence of siphones. Besides all the well known hardcore sections there a many beautiful rivers in moderate difficulty.
So if you'd like to try out your boofing abillities, surfing big holes or how to controle a 100m slide - join us!
We offer courses in two levels. One group will paddle on grade III-IV and the other group will paddle on grade IV-V.
Courses and dates
We offer two 12-day Norway tours in July 2020. Choose a tour below for more information.
- Creek 1
- Creek 2
- Creek 1
- Creek 2
The way to paddling class IV!
Paddle your line with ease and a dry spray cover! On class IV white water, you will only hit your line when working with the flow. In the Creek 1 course we take a close look at the currents and then use them for our lines. We analyse the currents and define exactly how to move the body weight and when pressure on the paddle is necessary to precisely run your line. Doing so, you by the way learn how to boof and how to elegantly run drops and stoppers.
- Being aware of your body movement: Movement of the upper body and use of the paddle
- Analysing complex lines
- Timing: precise use of edging and strokes
- Using different currents and obstacles in the river for your line
- Communication and safety of a group
To join the Creek 1 course, you should
- confidently paddle class III white water.
- be able to swim.
- be generally fit and healthy.
- have a good eskimo roll (80% success rolling up in white water).
- Safely and independently paddle class IV white water.
- Get pressure on your paddle blade.
- Run your lines with precision.
Are you confidently paddling class IV white water, hit your lines perfectly and your technique can hardly be improved? Then this is your course! This course is about moving smoothly and swiftly on hard white water.
Paddle your lines without effort but lots of style! We'll show you how and give you valuable tips that will help you on difficult white water and massively increase the fun factor.
Safety is also an important topic in this course. But don't worry - we will not pointlessly be standing around with the throwbag in our hands. Rather, we will consider what kind of safety where and why makes sense and then implement it as quickly as possible. After all, we want to paddle!
In the Creek 2 course we assume that technically everything is mastered to confidently paddle WW IV white water. In the course we deal with tactics and give your technique the final touch. The program includes:
- Analyse lines and paddle precisely
- Find the fast line
- Safely land after drops
- Minimise effort by efficient paddling style
- Maximise pressure on the paddle blade in the crucial moment
To join the Creek 2 course, you should
- confidently paddle class IV white water.
- have experience in saftey issues.
- have a bomb proof eskimo roll.
- Paddle hard white water with ease.
- Correctly judge rapids and organise the run.
- Be able to make a saftey concept to run diffiicult white water.
General info and prices
We meet in Voss for Tour 1 and at at Sjoa river near Otta for Tour 2. After two to three days of warm-up on the local rivers we start our tour. We will follow the water and decide where to go from day to day. Typically, we'll stay in one place for about two nights and then move on.
You can come to Norway by car, train or airplane. Please contact us if you have questions about logistics.
Course fee per Person
Rental gear (optional)
Transport of your personal kayak gear to Norway (optional)
Please contact us for more information and bookings!