PiedmontCentral Europe's best drop and pool!
We have re-introduced our Piedmont kayak camp! This place is so beautiful that we do not want to miss coming here a single season. The Piedmont is without doubt one of the most beautiful kayaking regions in the world. The unique landscape, the many river sections with the finest bedrock and the southern flair make every paddle trip to this region a very special experience. If you feel comfortable on class IV white water, you've come to the right place! Or are you already running grade V rapids? All the better! In Piedmont you'll have a large variety of creeks to choose from.
Courses and dates
In Piedmont we offer 6-day courses of two different levels.
- Creek 1
- Creek 2
The way to paddling class IV!
Paddle your line with ease and a dry spray cover! On class IV white water, you will only hit your line when working with the flow. In the Creek 1 course we take a close look at the currents and then use them for our lines. We analyse the currents and define exactly how to move the body weight and when pressure on the paddle is necessary to precisely run your line. Doing so, you by the way learn how to boof and how to elegantly run drops and stoppers.
- Being aware of your body movement: Movement of the upper body and use of the paddle
- Analysing complex lines
- Timing: precise use of edging and strokes
- Using different currents and obstacles in the river for your line
- Communication and safety of a group
To join the Creek 1 course, you should
- confidently paddle class III white water.
- be able to swim.
- be generally fit and healthy.
- have a good eskimo roll (80% success rolling up in white water).
- Safely and independently paddle class IV white water.
- Get pressure on your paddle blade.
- Run your lines with precision.
Are you confidently paddling class IV white water, hit your lines perfectly and your technique can hardly be improved? Then this is your course! This course is about moving smoothly and swiftly on hard white water.
Paddle your lines without effort but lots of style! We'll show you how and give you valuable tips that will help you on difficult white water and massively increase the fun factor.
Safety is also an important topic in this course. But don't worry - we will not pointlessly be standing around with the throwbag in our hands. Rather, we will consider what kind of safety where and why makes sense and then implement it as quickly as possible. After all, we want to paddle!
In the Creek 2 course we assume that technically everything is mastered to confidently paddle WW IV white water. In the course we deal with tactics and give your technique the final touch. The program includes:
- Analyse lines and paddle precisely
- Find the fast line
- Safely land after drops
- Minimise effort by efficient paddling style
- Maximise pressure on the paddle blade in the crucial moment
To join the Creek 2 course, you should
- confidently paddle class IV white water.
- have experience in saftey issues.
- have a bomb proof eskimo roll.
- Paddle hard white water with ease.
- Correctly judge rapids and organise the run.
- Be able to make a saftey concept to run diffiicult white water.
General info and prices
Course fee per Person
Rental gear (optional)
Please contact us for more information and bookings!